1. How do I apply for a building permit?
If you are planning on building or constructing an addition, new home or camp or any renovation, you will need to contact the Abbott Township office to find out what type of permit is needed.
2. Who is the Building Code Official for Abbott Township?
Erb Inspections, Inc. 174 Water Tower Rd., Suite 1, Lawrenceville, PA 16929 - 570-827-3474 FAX: 570-827-3475
3. How can I contact the Sewage Enforcement Officer (SEO) for a sewer permit?
Ridgerunner SEO Services, Inc. Terry Meyers, SEO -301 Tannery Hill Road, Osceola, PA 16942 (814) 258-0301
4. How can I contact the Abbott Township Tax Collector?
Tax Collector - Mary May - 94 Lechler Branch Rd., Galeton, PA 16922. 814-435-8511
5. Why do I have to pay an annual garbage bill?
Every property owner in the township with a habitable dwelling must pay the annual fee of $35.00. Abbott & West Branch Townships joined together and created the "Dumpster Site" with a township ordinance covering the annual fee and per pound weight for disposal. This fee is used to maintain the site and pay the help. The site does utilize recycling of plastic, clear glass, newspapers and cardboard at no cost to our property owners. There is an additional fee of 15 cents per pound for the non-recycling items we dispose of.
6. Can I receive my Garbage bill via email?
Yes. You may request invoice to be emailed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you would rather have your annual invoice emailed to you.
7. Where is the dumpster located and what are the hours?
The Dumpster Site is located at 533 Germania Rd, about 2.5 miles south of Galeton on Rt. 144. Operating Hours are Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays 8:00 am – 4:00 pm except for New Year’s Day, Easter and Christmas.
8. When are Abbott Township's board meetings?
The Board of Supervisors meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at the township office located at 1431 Germania Rd. Galeton, PA in the village of Germania). The only exception is Labor Day when the meeting is held Tuesday. In January of each year, the schedule is printed in the local newspaper.
9. What are the office hours?
By Appointment only
The office phone number is 814-435-8544.
10. Who are the current Supervisors?
Joseph (Buddy) Sutton, Chairman
Jake Hastings, Vice-Chairman
Duane Cizek, Roadmaster
Linda S. Culp - Secreatary/Treasurer