Abbott Organizations

Abbott Township

GERMANIA, on the headwaters of Kettle Creek in northern Abbott Township, was established in 1855 by the Pennsylvania Farm Land Association as a colony for Germans then living in America. The company planned two villages, but the second, Victoria, was never founded. The Association owned 90,000 acres that were divided into 3,500 shares to be sold for $200.00 each. Each shareholder was to have a twenty-five acre farm and a town lot.

(814) 435-8544